El Alba Cooperative is a business cooperative, owned and operated by catering entrepreneurs of color. It offers commercial kitchen space and culturally competent business support for residents who want to open and operate food-based businesses. Focusing on underserved groups, El Alba Cooperative primarily serves immigrants, refugees and people of color in North Aurora.
El Alba Cooperative supports economic empowerment, employment, and the continued redevelopment of empty and blighted commercial buildings in North Aurora.
El Alba Cooperative’s Unique Wraparound Model
• A thriving cooperative business that is owned, operated by, and benefiting community members in North Aurora.
• Collaboration between interrelated business and nonprofit entities with a shared mission of economic, social, and cultural empowerment for immigrant and refugee food-related business owners.
• Renovating and reviving a vacant North Aurora property
El Alba Cooperative
The business incubation services provided to El Alba Cooperative and its members are conducted through the City of Aurora Small Business Development Center.
• Individual business plan curriculum
• Customized learning path, 1-on-1 guidance
• Cooperative training
• Leadership and teamwork coaching
El Alba Cooperative is a business cooperative owned and operated by catering service entrepreneurs of color that provide a diverse set of cuisine options for any small or large gatherings of friends, family, or business events. Its goal is to support its members by providing culturally appropriate business development services, fostering commerce, and establishing a standing commissary kitchen.
Check out our cooperative’s delicious food!
El Alba offers food from around the world including Mexican, Asian fusion, Latin American, sushi, and barbecue.
To learn more about what the cooperative offers and if you would like to join us, contact us here
El Alba Cooperative
Responsible Sourcing – Fresh Ingredients – Client Focused